This blog is simply about anything that my mind tells the fingers to jot down. Many times they come late at night, others at work and occasionally in the toilet heading for that big drop. Most entries are about life in the "land of chocolate" and things that I love to do - mountain biking, photography, snowboarding and a bit of running.

Saturday 22 October 2016

I'll make us famous

A friend has been trying to get me to learn a bit of Arabic from him and we started off with an over18 jokes from Whatsapp ... it turned out I sounded wasn't that bad with my pronunciation. I then thought we could potentially become famous YouTubers if we could put together something revolving around me learning Arabic and him teaching. It could be a project that will help me with my Arabic at the same time help others, and at some point we could even be making a bit of money (not sure how though .. but that's the next chapter ... my head already begins to brainstorm some ideas).

I haven't shared the whole idea with him although I did text him to say I had an idea to make us two famous :). 

I've had many such ideas on other topics but have never made any move with any. I think this is most viable and one that has a great potential for success. I feel that there are lot of people out there who have interest in the language and lately I am surprise to learn many Europeans have been learning it. As a matter of fact I met an Italian recently who'd self thought himself the language online, though at times he did get some tips and bits and pieces from a friend. Listening to him I was very impressed especially when he started to share with me his understanding of the language grammatical rules which I must say aren't that straightforward at all. 

To the Arabs they seem impressed that I can read Arabic but don't understand it, though on the contrary I've got to say I'm not impressed of myself at all. Partly is a result of a meaningless eagerness of the Malaysian Muslims to memorise the Book without learning the language. Having said that I had a great opportunity to learn the language during my secondary school, but I purposely took it for granted and consequently I failed the test and in short learned nothing. 

It's probably the right time now for me to revisit the language and get myself into the right mode and attitude towards re-learning it. We'll see ... Insyaallah


STOP

1 comment:

alo alo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.